Sunday 4 January 2009

VAMPIRE BITE

We have been bitten by the Twilight bug, the amazing series of books by Author Stephenie Meyer. Reading is one of my favourite hobbies, and at the moment myself and Colette can't get enough of these fabulous stories.


I decided that a good bookmark was needed to keep us in the right place (for when we can finally tear ourselves away from reading). For Colette's bookmark I immediately thought of Magnolias 'Tilda with Glasses', she is just so cute and looks very 'bookish' with her pigtails and spectacles.
My bookmark is made with Magnolias 'Halloween Edwin', a tribute to the books lead character!


Both bookmarks are made from a 20cm x 5cm piece of prima double sided card stock with rounded corners. Tilda and Edwin have been stamped on white card and coloured with shimmer paints and watercolours. Tilda has been layered up onto a few books made from scraps of card, and both bookmarks have a prima flower embellishment at the top. I laminated them both (for extra protection from wear and tear) and finished with an eyelet and a few ribbon strands.

A perfect reminder for where I'm up to!
Thanks for looking, Katie.

No comments: